Buckingham Palace rejects Russian report on King Charles' death

The British Embassy in Ukraine issued a statement saying that King Charles was alive.

The British Embassy in Ukraine and Buckingham Palace were forced to announce that King Charles was still alive after Russian media reported that he had died. Accordingly The guardThe rumor went viral online after it was spread on a Telegram channel of Vedomosti, one of Russia’s most respected newspapers. There was a photo of King Charles in ceremonial military uniform with the caption “The British King Charles III. has died”. The news quickly went viral on Russian social media sites, causing confusion and concern before it was quickly debunked.

First, Russian internet channels, including Readovka, a pro-Kremlin Telegram channel, published a document alongside a photo of King Charles. “The following announcement is made by Royal Communications,” it said. “The King passed away unexpectedly yesterday afternoon,” the document, dated March 18, 2024, reads The guard.

However, after a barrage of false stories from Russian media, the British Embassy in Ukraine issued a statement declaring that King Charles was alive. The embassy wrote in English and Ukrainian: “The news of the death of King Charles III. is a fake.”

Regardless, Buckingham Palace also rejected the report. In a statement to the Russian state TASS The palace told the news agency: “We are pleased to confirm that the King is continuing his official and private business.”

Notably, numerous mainstream Russian news outlets and popular pro-Kremlin Telegram channels falsely claimed that King Charles was dead. However, they later corrected their stories.

The rumor of King Charles’ death comes at a time when the 75-year-old British monarch is undergoing treatment for cancer. This also comes as Prince William’s wife, Kate Middleton, continues to fuel speculation about her health following abdominal surgery in January.

Also read | What Rose Hanbury said about rumors of an affair with Prince William

It all started after excitement over the palace officially releasing doctored photos of Kate. They later issued a takedown order on the image after multiple news outlets claimed the image had been doctored. Kate Middleton has not been seen in public since undergoing abdominal surgery for a non-cancerous but unspecified condition on January 16.

Aside from a few blurry images, she has not been seen since, and in recent weeks social media has been flooded with speculation about her health, sparking global headlines and rumors.

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *